[OM] Re: Books with Olympus Pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Books with Olympus Pictures
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:09:19
Another reason I love Kodachrome. I can't explain it but every other film I've used other than Tri-X and Kodachrome will occasionally deliver completely inexplicable failures on some frames, no matter how carefully I've metered. That occurred recently with Provia 100F - several frames were badly under- or overexposed, while others shot under the same conditions at the same time of the same subject were perfect. Absolutely baffling. The same thing has occurred with everything from Sensia 100 to Superia X-tra 800 (which I love anyway).

Not so with Kodachrome and Tri-X. Anytime the exposures have been off with those two films it's always been operator error and I knew what I'd done wrong. And they're the only two films I'd feel comfortable enough to shoot meterless if necessary. Of course, I could be biased by many years of using those films...

Anyone else ever have similar film experiences?
===
Lex
===

Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:47:49 GMT
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
...From Practical Photography March 1992:

"...I prefer Kodachrome 25 abover the snowline and Kodachrome 200 everywhere else. Kodachrome 25 is a superb film. I've used it for so long that I know what exposures it will give without relying on meter..." (Chris Bonington)