[OM] Re: Rarest Zuiko-- 1000/f11

Subject: [OM] Re: Rarest Zuiko-- 1000/f11
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:16:36
I'd bet folks have similar opinions about some of Canon's long glass from the early '70s. Same clumsy mechanism, weight and length. The stretch limos of camera lenses. Fun to look at but not to drive.

No wonder the Novoflex line was so popular with wildlife photographers. And that mirror lenses persist in popularity despite the perceived shortcomings.
===
Lex
===

Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:13:53 -0500
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...Perhaps the allure of it was simply the stories one could tell about selling/buying/using it. Still I'm curious how competitive it was against other mfrs. loooonnng glass at the time...