Re: [OM] Olympus Guy

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Guy
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:42:31 -0700
At 06:35 PM 1/21/01 -0500, Mark Dapoz wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I noticed somebody mentioned they couldn't access "Olympus Guy" site. I just
> tried it and I can't, either.

Looks to me like Paul may have forgotten to pay his domain registration
fees.  A quick query on the domain olympusguy.com shows the following:

   Record last updated on 20-Jan-1998.
   Record expires on 21-Jan-2001.
   Record created on 20-Jan-1998.
   Database last updated on 21-Jan-2001 09:05:01 EST

True, but Network Solutions (aw, c'mon, they'll always be "the InterNIC" to me) usually gives people a grace period before they flush their domain records from the root servers. Seems awfully fast, if you ask me. Perhaps something else went wrong (a re-written router table from his serving ISP that got buggered, perhaps?).

Garth

-------

For those of you with a political bent, the Warren G. Harding Institute for Civic Responsibility holds an annual essay contest on some aspect of politics and the state.

The topic of this year's essay contest was "Good Government." The winning entry, in its entirety, was as follows:

"Good government.  Good government.  Sit.  Stay."