Re: [OM] I came clean....and feel better for it.

Subject: Re: [OM] I came clean....and feel better for it.
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:11:41 +0000
At 18:37 1/21/01, you wrote:
Believe it or not, I have a friend who has a new color laserjet printer
sitting next to his computer at home.  As far as his wife knows, he is
just "storing" it for a friend.
Mickey T., we both know him well.
Rand E.

This one can backfire . . . I know all too well. In my early days of becoming a computer dweeb while living in California, a friend of mine and I both bought hardware and software from our own respective slush funds. We each claimed we were borrowing it from the other if the "something new is in the house" detector went off. This went on for a several years until . . .

His wife had a bright idea we should have a Sunday brunch together, spouses included. She wanted to meet my other half, and mine was likewise interested in meeting her. All went well until the subject of all this stuff so generously on loan from one of us to the other. All got suddenly quiet. Needless to say, I don't use that ploy anymore.

-- John