Re: [OM] The 180 saga

Subject: Re: [OM] The 180 saga
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 02:12:04 EST
In a message dated 1/21/01 10:25:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Some out-of-the-way shops
>  look at that lens, and try to price it fairly from their experience with
>  lenses in that focal length.

Larry has a good point here.  Prices for all kinds of things (gas comes to
mind -- uh, that would be petrol for you chaps in the U.K.) vary all over the
country, and around the world.  Some times I am staggered at the incredibly
high (or low) prices I see on the same item from one place to the next, right
here in the Seattle area.

It's great that Tom received a good price for the lens.  Somebody (gee, I
hope it's you, Larry, or me!) will probably pick up another one for half that
or less somewhere before the month is out.  Such is life.

Rich