Re: [OM] Olympus Guy - mystery solved

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Guy - mystery solved
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:38:58 -0700
On 22 Jan 2001, at 7:43, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I found a LNIB 85/2 lens for $75 a couple of years ago, and yes- the lead
> to where it was was openly posted here. I've been offered 3 times that and
> more (not that I'm selling it).

Last October, I bought an 85/2 for around CDN$75 (US$50).  I played
with it awhile and then sold it for US$210 (CDN$315).

[Hanging head in shame...]

I've lost many hours of sleep since then, and I humbley beg forgiveness
from the list for not offering it to the list at the price I paid for it.
Instead,
I profiteered from my good fortune and sold it to a non-listmember at
below B&H list price (US$269).

Please forgive me!  Pleeeeezzzzeeeee????

Chris

P.S.  Question:  Even though the buyer was *very* happy with both the
lens and the price he paid, should I send him a refund cheque for
US$160 to assuage my guilt?

P.S.S.  Please *don't* ask about the Bounce Grip 2 or the 50/1.4.  I can
live with that guilt!

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill