Re: [OM] Sniping (Was: Vivitar 12/20 NC-3 Battery Charger 283 285 (eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] Sniping (Was: Vivitar 12/20 NC-3 Battery Charger 283 285 (eBay #1207380641)
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:17:48 -0800
Chris,

I don't think sniping is a problem either. But automated sniping wasn't a
part of the original bag of ebay tricks. Now that esnipe is a reality, the
seller must be aware of it when setting a starting bid or reserve to be sure
they haven't set themselves up to get burned. Of course, they still have the
option to cancel the auction if noone has bid to avoid a sniping steal. It's
part of the game. The angry bidder doesn't accept the game as it now is.

So what will be the next psycho-scam Johnny Cochran defense? Bid-Rage?

-Mickey