Re: [OM] Re: OlympusGuy hypocrisy

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OlympusGuy hypocrisy
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:48:22 EST
In a message dated 1/22/01 9:09:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< but did not this very list basically drum Paul
 Van T. off this list for his repeated ads here?  >>

no..it was a few people who caused the ugliness (as is usually the
case)...not "the list"..altho I must admit the concensus was that, had Paul
been a contributor to the list, even of only humor, it would not have
happened. His only reason to post was usually to post FS listings.

Was not this very case
cited as one of many, many on this list that led to the formation of a
completely separate OM-trader list? >>

No..that was three years ago..the trader list was just set up this past fall.

this group can be
pretty fickle in terms of who and what are embraced and in what manner.>>

like most groups of homo sapiens, the loudest and ugliest often get their
way, or bully their way into it, or intimidated or push away others that
might object. Only if you are willing to be as loud and obstinate as those
few will a group be able to hold the line.

When I was in road sales we had a real brute of a rep with a competing
line..he would throw temper tantrums in the shops, intimidate them into
buying his product. They hated him, they talked about him, the laughed at
him, he was not someone they would invite into their homes,....but, the
bottom line is, they BOUGHT from him. Why people let the brassy ones
predominate is beyond me..but it's a fact of life. It taught me a great
lesson in human behavior.
Susan