Re: [OM] Clark Labs film

Subject: Re: [OM] Clark Labs film
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:02:39 -0800
Off brand films are a gamble, but I can tell you this: Absolutely stay away
from Target branded film. This stuff is horrible. My daughter bought some
because of the bargain price. Extremely grainy. Though I have not seen it,
I've heard the Clark formulations described as I've described the Target.

Now, if you march over to WalMart you will find Poloroid brand 35mm print
film. This stuff is pretty good. Brilliant color, good sharpness and tight
grain. I load our snapshot cameras with the 400 (including our IS-20). At
$5.84 (in MD) for a 4 pack of 24exp it's a bargain and a half. I'd say it
falls directly between Kodak Gold and the Fuji equivalent in color balance,
with a little less contrast, and no more noticable grain. Heck, It takes a
special occasion for me to buy better. I go to the one-hour at Sam's Club
with it and am pleased. Try it, you may be surprised.

Another thing I've taken to Sam's is the Kodak Select+ Black and White film.
This film was a surprise. Great tone. Good detail through the full range.
Great roll to check out the 'new' OM2.

--Mickey