Re: [OM] Film Test - Fuji SuperHG 1600 ASA

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Test - Fuji SuperHG 1600 ASA
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:39:17 +0100
: Hmmm....  interesting idea!  Does that take special processing?  Can
: they do that at the one-hour lab?  (We use Costco, btw.)  Do I have to
: tell them it's exposed at 1600 or just hand it to them?

These films are rated at 800 ASA; pushing them one stop means you set the camera
to 1600 and tell the lab the film needs to be processed at 1600, i.e. pushed one
stop. Some one-hour labs may do that, otherwise you need a professional (mini-)
lab.

The Press 800 and Supra 800 are my favorite films for available light concert
shooting; I rate then at 1600 (or, when necessary, even at 3200), use F2.8 zoom
lenses and no filter to get shutter speeds of 1/125 or faster.

hnz