[OM] OT, meter advice.

Subject: [OM] OT, meter advice.
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:53:12 -0800
Just got back in from being ill yesterday to find 690 items in my in box.
Need to shut off the list when I'm going to be gone (hard to predict
illnesses though).

I would agree with all the suggestions to investigate Radio Shack for a
battery testing meter.  Fluke is about to introduce a more moderately priced
hand-held meter line (meterman) that should run in the sub-$100 range.  Most
of the traditional product line is just a little pricey for battery testing.
Most of the legitimate battery testers have a built in resistive load of
some type to verify the battery's performance under load.

I was being entirely facetious about the HP 3458A.  It's an eight and a half
digit system DMM that goes for around $9000.

Tom... you broke an old record previously held by Lex on my in box... 45 new
items.  Didn't read them all (wonder why?).

Jim Timpe
Fluke Customer Support Services
1420 75th Street SW
Everett, WA 98203