[OM] Re: enough

Subject: [OM] Re: enough
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:40:19 -0500
>OM2S (the OM40 went back with faults)
>Zuiko 50mm f1.8
>Zuiko 24mm f2.8 (just acquired)
>Miranda 28mm f2.8 (not a very good lens - it will go)
>Zuiko 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 (lovely little travelling lens)
>Zuiko 70-150 f4
>T32 flash
>Various filters, hoods etc. etc.

Mike, that's a heck of a fine kit. I'd suggest losing the Miranda 28 in
favor of a Zuiko 28/2.8, and then you really may be done for a bit.
I hate to admit it, but I've only been at this, (this go-round), a bit more
than a year longer than you have, yet I've managed to amass 3 OM bodies,
and over a dozen lenses, 3 flashes, and literally bags full of other
related gear, and that's before even counting medium format stuff. But my
point is that realistically I use 4-5 lenses covering pretty much the same
range that you've got covered for virtually everything. Despite what people
say, I'd seriously encourage you not to go too overboard into Zuikoholism
too soon. The only thing worse than having good gear go unused is having to
pay off gear that's not being used.

but it's obviously too late for some of us........;-)

Mike Swaim