Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:12:00 +0100
Yo,

on Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:28:28 , Lex Jenkins wrote:

>My bike was a Honda V-twin, which was all I could afford.

So what? Hondas are just about the best quality bikes you can get, certainly
way above Harleys. While Harleys are real nice to look at, I personally have
my bikes (Yamahas, which are, IMHO, a very, very close second to Hondas
quality-wise) for riding, and just about anything is better-suited for that
purpose than Harleys. So the ideal combination is to use your OMs on all the
overpriced Harleys you come by, but to use a _real_ bike for riding
yourself.

>Worse, at least
>in the eyes of the Harley crowd, it was shaft drive.  Personally, I don't
>see that as inferior to the rubber band drive.

Quite on the contrary, the shaft is vastly superior.

> No offense to the owners of newer Harleys intended.

I can understand people who fall in love with the style and the character of
Harley motorcycles. However, I personally prefer not to ride a bike offering
yesterday's technology at after-tomorrow's price.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx