[OM] M.15V Ni-Cd Charger

Subject: [OM] M.15V Ni-Cd Charger
From: mnmitch <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:57:10 -0800
Help with charger needed!!! I have one of the NiCad chargers for the
Control Pack 2 that is putting out 28 Volts DC. I thought this seemed a
little excessive so I contacted John H. at Camtech and he said his put
out about 13 Volts DC. I have just received one in the mail today from
Thompson Photo and when I measured it's output it is 32 Volts DC. I'm
not doubting John H., but at this point I can't believe that I've
recieved 2 bad chargers in one week. If anyone else has one of the M.15V
Ni-Cd chargers and can measure the output voltage on the connector,I'd
appreciate it.
  Something tells me that the charger must have better regulation than
that, and the regulator is probably shot. If this one's bad, its going
back to Thompson and I'll cut the cord off the original and find a
transformer and make my own charger. Thats after I replace the bad
Ni-Cads in the Control Pack 2 of course.

Anybody opened up the Ni-Cad pack in the T-45 yet?

TIA

later,
mike m.