[OM] Tamron SP500 Question

Subject: [OM] Tamron SP500 Question
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:59:09 -0500
I recently was going through my astronomy gear and found a forgotten Tamron
SP500 f/8 mirror lens that I had bought back in 1991 to shoot the total
solar eclipse in Baja, Mexico. I was not in the least bit into photography
and bought this lens because it was the biggest lens I could get my hands on
at the time and my girlfriend used Nikons so that was the mount I got.

Well imagine my surprise when I fount it today! It has an Adaptall II mount
for Nikon. I'm assuming I can get a mount for Olympus. My question is: does
anyone know the quality of this lens? It says its multicoated, and it does
indeed look it. Has anyone shot with this one, or is Tamron just another OEM
name for the same 500mm mirror lens floating around? I'm just wondering if I
found treasure or trash in the bottom of my closet.

Thanks,

Mike V

Michael Virsinger
VirTech Solutions, Inc