Re: [OM] M.15V Ni-Cd Charger - A Sugestion

Subject: Re: [OM] M.15V Ni-Cd Charger - A Sugestion
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:55:48 +0100
Rand,

if I remember well the relay cable has not the right connections to
serve as a connection between charger and battery. On the connector
array you see six connections. One is not connected at all. Two are
used for activating the motor drive when shooting. Two others are used
for feeding current to the motor drive from the NiCad Pack, AC Control
box or third party battery. This is not the same pair as the one used
for recharging the battery (they may have one terminal point in
common, but not both). The terminals in the NiCad pack have diodes
wired which prevents current flowing in the wrong direction.
Consequently you would have to change the relay cord battery
connector's internal connections to use it for charging purposes....

In other words: the relay cord pushbutton connections for an external
power source are only suited for feeding power to the motor drive, but
not for recharging the cells in the NiCad Pack. I hope that my memory
serves me well... it's a long time since I opened these connectors...

Frank.