Re: [OM] What do I get?

Subject: Re: [OM] What do I get?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:09:35 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Sam Shiell wrote:

> Hi
>
> For some inexplicable reason I've got a bonus payment from work, so after
> the usual buying shoes for the kids, taking out the wife etc etc I have
> around 100-150 UK Pounds to spend on toys.
>
> As you guys are responsible for my so-far well controlled Zuikohicism I'm
> looking to you for some help and guidance
>
> My kit is :-
> *     OM1 (with a Jessops motor drive I use very occasionally)
> *     28mm, 35-75mm and 85-210mm lenses
> *     National flash (can't remember the model no)
> plus a tripod, monopod and lightmeter
>
> So, what do I buy?

That depends - what kind of photography do you do or want to
do? If you want something handy to make good photos of the kids (in their
new shoes?), then maybe a moderate prime tele would be worth it (100/2.8
is on and affordable, 85/2.0 is my favourite in the same range). However
if you're into micro photography, you probably want something
different.....

--thomas