Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:40:18 EST
Volkhart, I used to feel as you do, but have you truly checked out the new
Harleys?  That twin cam 88 engine (introduced in 1999) IS smooth, nothing
like the old days. The engines are rubber mounted and have counterbalancers
and six computer chips inside. Harley technology is actually "cutting edge"
these days. For me, there's nothing better for a long haul than a big "Hog".

Best,
George S.

kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I can understand people who fall in love with the style and the character
of
 Harley motorcycles. However, I personally prefer not to ride a bike offering
 yesterday's technology at after-tomorrow's price.