Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:34:28 EST
HEY- ! I have a 2001 Harley and it's belt drive is Kevlar, not rubber. (Sorry
for shouting at ya, Lex, it's just that I'm a bit touchy now that it's in the
garage and there's a pile of ice and snow in the driveway and it hasn't even
gone thru the break-in period yet!)
Don't feel bad about "only" owning a Honda, I had a couple in the 70's and
80's that were certainly fine, extremely reliable machines. My '83 CR250
that's also in the garage looks and runs almost like new

OM content- I'm still very nervous about taking an OM or two along for a trip
since so far whatever I've placed in the saddlebags has suffered from screws
that self-removed themselves from the gentle vibration. (Yes, the new models
surely don't vibrate as much as you may remember from the older models.)

Best,
George S.

lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My bike was a Honda V-twin, which was all I could afford.  Worse, at least
 in the eyes of the Harley crowd, it was shaft drive.  Personally, I don't
 see that as inferior to the rubber band drive.  No offense to the owners of
 newer Harleys intended.