[OM] OM UK. CAN postage.

Subject: [OM] OM UK. CAN postage.
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:11:45 -0000
Listmembers,
                        I want to post some small items - extension tubes -
to Canada.
When enquiring at the Post Office I was told that they do not do Registered
i.e. insured post to the U.S.A. or Canada ! You can "record delivery" but
this pays out compensation of only £28! The alternatives seem to be split
into 2 packages and record each. Advantage..Recover more of cost of items,
Disadvantage..more packing involved, extra postage costs, double the cost of
recorded delivery.     Split packages and take a chance on postal system.
Send one  package and take chance as above.
                         Have any U.K. members encountered this problem?
Any Ideas...              Regards      John Duggan   Wales.    U.K.