Re: [OM] OM UK. CAN postage.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM UK. CAN postage.
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:58:00 +0100 (MET)
from Tom S.
[ US to UK postage problem package size / insurance ]

from John Duggan
[ UK to CAN postage problem / package size / insurance ]

I encountered the same problems from Germany to Canada (/rest of world)
The german postal service changed their postage fees an packages sizes.
I think it was three years ago where they changed their
price/packaging/insurance charges. Up to that time smallest package
size (insured) was 2 kg, every kg more cost some amount of money
and there were three different ways of delivery available
very slow (land/sea), medium (land/airmail), fast (airmail)
- now the smallest package size is 4 kg, and only the last to ways
are left. Uninsured way didn't change - it is a special
small sized package. Next package size is now 8 kg.
What do they think how stupid we are ?
If I compare the prices 4 years ago and now for I'll have to
pay at least 20 DM more for a package to Canada. (What you will
not ship every time a 4 kg package ? ;-(

Rudy