Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Lightweight bikes
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:57:05 EST
I understand your concerns, but believe me, they run smooth now. I never
considered a Harley until very recently. I had always had Hondas, and lusted
after BMWs. And the brakes are among the best in the market- twin discs in
front, single disc in rear, all four-caliper. And the model I have- The Dyna
Defender (police bike) has floorboards, which I find very comfortable, you're
not stuck to a single peg position, you can move your legs around. They
aren't as slow as they look, either. I cracked the throttle a bit too fast a
couple of times, and my ass literally slid back completely off the seat! I
feel I could do a wheelie with no effort- and it's a 700 pound bike!
Enjoy the ride, and stay safe,
George

kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< They do, indeed, seem smoother, but as yet they still have to prove they're
 more reliable - they simply haven't been around long enough to do so. >>