Re: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8 essay contest? : )

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8 essay contest? : )
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:13:38 EST
John,
While some of us probably misunderstood you, I never wanted my comments to
seem like I was "attacking" you personally, just trying to point out how the
way you were proceeding seemed to me. I know you're not a bad guy, I just
think you were moving waaay too fast, especially for an item in this price
range. We're not talking a $100 used OM-1 after all, no, this IS a special
piece and a special price. People don't just drop 3-$4000 or so instantly on
someone they don't "know", I think they have to "ease" into it. [Except Tom
maybe <g>]

Best wishes to you too,
George

Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx writes:

<< When I opened the list for "offers/trades"-I would take it as meaning
money
 and or goods.
 But I knew I couldn't come out and say-"$2000 + the best 500 word essay -Why
 I need the Zuiko 350mm f2.8".  I would have probably heard too many heart
 breaking stories of dispair (I would have had a good story ready in the past
 too if the opportu ity came up).
 I have tried to do right with such a gem.
 I have failed. To eBay I lay my hope in humankind.  eBay has become my
 conscious.
 The internet IS evil ! See Bill Gates and Paul Allen what you have down? -Al
 Gore I mean.... : )
 Now, what if it doesn't hit reserve?
 Then we all start again.
 Maybe I will just keep the darn trouble maker.  I have been trying to get a
 picture of an albono raccon on the farm for 6 months now....yeah.... what
 better lens?
 See? There I go writing my own essay...
 Best wishes all
 John R