Re: [OM] What do I get?

Subject: Re: [OM] What do I get?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:48:55 -0800 (PST)
Sam Shiell wrote:
Hi

For some inexplicable reason I've got a bonus payment from work, so
afterthe usual buying shoes for the kids, taking out the wife etc etc I
have around 100-150 UK Pounds to spend on toys. As you guys are
responsible for my so-far well controlled Zuikohicism I'm
looking to you for some help and guidance

My kit is :-
*       OM1 (with a Jessops motor drive I use very occasionally)
*       28mm, 35-75mm and 85-210mm lenses
*       National flash (can't remember the model no)
plus a tripod, monopod and lightmeter

So, what do I buy?
Sam, I'll interpret your question as: "If you were in my position, what
would you buy?" (This removes the problem of not knowing what type of
photography you normally do.) It seems you have only one prime lens. If
I were you, with the money you have to spend, I guess I'd look for a
reasonably priced Zuiko prime short telephoto lens, namely, the 100/2.8
MC. This is a remarkably good lens; I have the SC version, which is
very nice but rather soft wide open. The MC should be better, I think.

Regards,

=====
Ray