Re: [OM] 50/1.3 macro ..... was: What do I get?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/1.3 macro ..... was: What do I get?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:38:40 -0800 (PST)
Titoy wrote:
What makes the Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro a good choice? Appart from its Macro
feature, what other thing is it good for? I am asking not because I
disagree. Its because I own one that I rarely use.
Admittedly, the Zuiko 50/3.5 macro lens doesn't offer any speed
advantage over Sam's existing 35-75(?) zoom. However, many people
prefer to use the 50/3.5, rather than other 50s, as their "standard"
prime lens. I do, for one, because my only other 50 is a single-coated
f/1.4, which is difficult to focus and is soft until it is stopped down
to f/4 anyway! The 50/3.5 macro is very sharp, has a flat field and
"snaps" into focus. Try it for youself, you might be pleasantly
surprised. (The 50/2.0 macro is even better, I believe, but I'm not
sure Sam could get one of those for his declared budget of 100-150
pounds.)

Reagrds,

=====
Ray