Re: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:59:38 -0500
>Personally I don't think you belong in the doghouse or on the shitlist
>(sorry, I'm not good at mincing words or asterisks) over this issue.  The
>Zuiko 350/2.8 is clearly among those items having such value as to put them
>in the category of "If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford
>it."

It's also the lens that most die hard OM fans would have at thier death
bed...."you will have to pry my cold dead hands off of this lens if you want
it.." Most of us think that selling a 350 is tantamount to slashing your
wrists. It is the holy grail of OM gear....So, John is suspect for wanting to
get rid of it, first off, and second, none of us really know much about him.
So, he could be the most pious saint on the planet and none of us would know
it or some scoundrel from C*mbridge C*mera.....I'm sure he's a great person,
once everyone gets to know him better. Hell, he probably lives 2 miles from
me, you never know.....

Further, if *I* owned a 350, I would *invent* reasons (er, "projects") to use
it...."Hey honey, it's tit mouse mating season, let's grab the 350 for a
photo shoot!" <ggg>

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright