Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:35:51 -0500
>Good, many things have already been said about this, but let me add some
>comments nonetheless:
>-Things may not always be as bad as is being suggested by the tour guides.
>The LP book about Peru e.g. has some 3 pages dedicated to warning you about
>just how slick Peruvian thieves are etc. Nonetheless, when over there, I
>used common sense (as well as some lessons learnt from when I got mugged in
>San Francisco), and didn't find the situation to be that bad at all. The
>same goes for Italy. Places like Rome have a lot of fame for theft, yet I've
>never found matters to be that bad.

Man, after reading all this theft stuff, hell if I'm ever going on a trip to
Italy. I'll watch the video, thanks. I feel a heck of a lot safer in Wash, DC
than I would anywhere in Italy, despite all the data about bad stuff
happening in DC. I don't like traveling anyway.....
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright