[OM] OT - Beseler Negatrans

Subject: [OM] OT - Beseler Negatrans
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:19:07 -0600 (CST)
I just bought a Beseler negatrans on eBay, and the deal went
smoothly, but I noticed that the window on the negatrans shows not
only the 35X24 frame, but an area of the negative extending out to
the sprocket holes on top and bottom, and out to the edge of the next
frame on each side.

While this would be a desireable feature on some prints (I like the
"contact enlargement" look), I'm worried that it will give me
unwanted glare when I don't want that area to print.

This past weekend, I saw a negatrans in a store, and it had a sliding
black mask that would allow you to print the entire window, a 35X24
window, or a half frame window. Is my used negatrans missing this
feature, or am I just not seeing some cleverly hidden lever to extend
the mask?

Thanks,

BBB

--