Re: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8 essay contest? : )

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 350mm F2.8 essay contest? : )
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:06:21 EST
<< So, who are you? Where did you come from? Where are you going? (to quote
an
 ancient phrase....)

 Be Seeing You.
 Dirk Wright >>

Hi Dirk-I am John Raymond.  I started the thread  a few weeks back or so "how
did everyone get involved in Olympus" and went on that I bought an OM1 new
when I was 13 back in 1977.
I am a scientific illustrator and have a background in science and art.
Last year I travelled to Europe and, before that, trekked in March/April to
Everest in Nepal with Olympus gear (and a Contax G2).
I am from Olympia, Washington and I have instant access to many photo
opportunites for whales, eagles, seals, mountains etc.. but as someone else
mentioned on the list, traffic is unreal from here to Seattle and north so it
is becoming urban hell like many know too well.
The 350 came to be after wanting for many years like many on the list I
assume, but I am not in a financial situation that I can really keep it.  I
like to use my gear and have dunked 2 OM 1s so I KNOW not to take the 350 out.
I enjoy the smarts that everyone has on the list and the opinions.
              It really seems like a fine group of folks.
Best wishes to all!
John R