RE: [OM] Oz day?

Subject: RE: [OM] Oz day?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:33:46 +0000
At 01:49 1/26/01, Stephen wrote:
Thanks Mickey, celebrating the holiday in the time honoured fashion of
Aussie males.....
doing whatever my wife tells me :-) (painting the house)

You think this is exclusive to Aussie males?

I don't mention the lesser holidays I will be off from work. More often than not the other half forgets about them. It's not until I'm asked, "Aren't you going to work today?" that I tell her that it's a paid holiday. This strategy has resulted in considerably shorter "Honey-do" lists for those days off (and she wonders _why_ I don't announce a day off from work a month in advance).

-- John