Re: [OM] Re: 350/2.8 thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 350/2.8 thoughts
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:11:50 -0800 (PST)
George S. wrote:

(snip)  It's when others add their 2c to the mix, and twist what was
said in the original post then others down the line assume something
was said in a way that it wasn't. (snip)
That's dead right. To my mind, one of the benefits of keeping
disgreements off-list is that other people don't get the chance to join
in and muddy the waters. Issues posted to a list become public property
and anyone feels entitled to add his/her 2 cents.

I've seen some unbelievable arguments, on another list entirely, that
arose from an initial misunderstanding and were very difficult to stop.
Often the combatants can't even remember who started it or what was
actually said. I'm referring here to another list that is notorious for
grumpiness and flame wars. I've come to the conclusion that the members
of that list actually like it that way - a bit like a group of
curmudgeonly old timers who meet every day in a bar and do nothing but
complain about the world but enjoy every minute of it nonetheless.

Regards,

=====
Ray