[OM] [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle
From: "Olaf Greve" <olaf_greve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:13:56 -0000
Hi,

This reminds me of another Olympus-related story. I gather that NASA hires outside photographers to take pictures aboard these flights (no, don't ask, I don't know how to get picked for this! :)

[...]

plus she was pretty cute too, but I digress...

Hmmmm, doesn't this provide an answer to the "how-to-get-picked-for-such-a-flight" question raised above ? ;)))

Anyhoo, once there was a photog with an OM4 and a 35/2, but I don't think he lasted 10 parabolas before he was tossing his cookies and had to go back to sit down. I didn't see him the rest of the week, so never got a chance to talk to him :) Some people just don't react well at all to the experience.

I would not be surprised if the same would happen to me when going on such a flight. Yet, when offered such an opportunity I would directly grab it with both hands :)))

I completely understand. I'm going to try and get a decent self port. Now, I just have to find strategic places on my instrument rack to bolt a camera to!

Excellent! I'm really looking forward to seeing the results!!! Do keep me posted...

Cheers!
Olafo