Re: [OM] Disassembling OM2S(P)

Subject: Re: [OM] Disassembling OM2S(P)
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:01:54 -0500
The top of the 2S wind lever is a plastic trim piece.  Slip something sharp
under the edge and slowly pry up.  Wind lever screw is next.

The hard part is getting the asa plate off.  If not done carefully, the knob
may break.   The asa plate itself is glued to a metal plate which is held
into the plastic knob by 3 small tabs.  There is a tab just above and below
the asa window.  The 3rd tab is 180 degrees away from the window.  Slip
sharp instrument  between the edge of the asa plate and the plastic knob
about 1/8" above the asa window.  Slide under to separate the asa plate from
the metal plate.  Too much pressure can  crack the plastic on the knob
holding the tab in.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000