[OM] Re: Disassembling OM2S(P)

Subject: [OM] Re: Disassembling OM2S(P)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:34:53
While you're at it, Ian, might as well make a nice gold, silver or maybe pewter top cap to replace that black plastic thingie on top of the advance lever.

And get some tool steel from the hardware store to make a new film advance lever. If it's too hard to file you can anneal it by building a good sized wood fire on top of it in the yard. The natural slow cooling process will anneal it nicely.

File, checker, engrave and polish it to your desires. Then build another wood fire. Toss the new lever into an iron pipe full of bone meal (should be lots of that stuff available in your neck of the woods since nobody's using it for feed or fertilizer anymore), cap it *loosely* (we're not making a pipe bomb here), and let it soak up that glorious heat and carbon overnight.

Laaa - a beautifully color case hardening custom film advance lever.

Lemme know if this actually works, okay? I don't wanna waste my time if I'm fulla hot air.

Lex
===