[OM] Re: Egroups down the drain

Subject: [OM] Re: Egroups down the drain
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:13:36 -0500
A few days ago I suggested taking this list to Egroups. Now I'm regretting
ever even mentioning that idea here. It was just an idea, but now that
Yahoo has taken over all Egroup functions, the notion of starting any kind
of such group has lost what little luster it may have had. Yahoo has
completely and totally botched what should've been a long planned and
seemless transition in web based group ownership. I commend those who run
this list and this digest. We may say we wished that the digest version had
certain features, but the reality is that this group functions very, very
well and has done so for most of the time that I've been a member. There's
a lot to be said for not being in the same sinking Yahoo boat.

Mike Swaim