Re: [OM] Disassembling OM2S(P)

Subject: Re: [OM] Disassembling OM2S(P)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:22:27 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Ian A. Nichols wrote:

>                                                       Well, almost
> all - having carefully removed the lever so as not to lose the ball
> bearings, and having filed off the offending burr, dorkowitz here picks
> up the body to refit the advance lever, forgetting that they are still
> there, held in only by gravity.

Heh heh, I've stopped counting the number of times I've been down on my
hands and knees on the floor looking for something that "just fell out".
Here's a trick I use to help avoid that.  If you have a darkroom, grab
the largest developing tray you have.  Set it on your desk and put the
camera inside of it.  Do all of your work over the tray so that if anything
falls off, the part will stay in the tray.  Works great, except for those
nasty springs.... :-)
                                        -mark