Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Space shuttle
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:20:39 -0500
Dirk wrote:

>>plus she was pretty cute too, but I digress...
>
>Hmmmm, doesn't this provide an answer to the
>"how-to-get-picked-for-such-a-flight" question raised above ? ;)))

That reminds me of the young and attractive teacher that died when the
Challenger blew up....so sad....I still remember that day very clearly....

Fifteen years ago this Sunday. It happened on my birthday. It was a very surreal situation to sit there watching on TV while the news casts replayed the shot over and over. I had followed along closely because of Christy and the fact I teach Science as well. There was a special project for teachers and students in association with NASA that meant many were not only watching the launch but had developed a sense of association with this particular launch. Her students in Virginia was also watching.

Gregg