[OM] OM4 focus calibration - how to?

Subject: [OM] OM4 focus calibration - how to?
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:19:02 -0600
OK, it seems like this has been discussed before, but I can't find it in the
archives.

I just finished verifying focusing accuracy on most of my OM bodies. My OM4t
and OM1n are both spot on, while my OM4 and OMPC are both a bit off,
amounting to about 1mm of movement of the lens focusing barrel (see
procedure below). I know the OMPC had a mirror angle problem, but I don't
suspect this is the case with the OM4.

How can I make the OM4 more perfect? I know that mirror angle and focusing
screen position are the two potential adjustables, right?

Can anyone provide the recommended procedure for adjustment?

Here is the procedure I used:
50mm/1.2 lens mounted on body.
Body mounted on tripod lens down facing focusing target on floor about 2
feet away.
Spare focusing screen laid across film guides - matte side down.
Perfect focus point noted via viewfinder, and compared to perfect focus
point on rail screen with shutter held open on B.

Thanks,
Chip Stratton