Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:37:56 +0000
I think you hit it squarely Doris. Having lived in Europe and traveled in Central America, it's more fear of the unknown. Being niave about where you are, not paying attention to what's going on around you, and getting careless are what make a target. I've never been in any great fear in a foreign country . . . even in very impoverished areas. Doesn't mean I didn't stay alert to what was going on around me . . . that's fundamental safety applicable everywhere . . . including the supermarket parking lot. I found people are fundamentally the same everywhere. The vast majority want pretty much the same things out of life. Then there are a very small handful of hoodlums, criminals, thugs and thieves. Economic status doesn't seem to make that much difference with the mix either.

-- John