Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:58:38 -0500
Winsor wrote:

You find what you want in L.A.! Despite the easy condemnation of some critics, the air is almost always clear this time of year.
Winsor
 <snip>

What I remember liking about So. California was the ability to plan a picnic six months in advance and not worry about whether it would be bad weather when the time came around. We could also decide on the particular climate for the day and go to a) the desert near Palm Springs and warmest climate, b) the mountains and coldest weather, c) the ocean and in-between weather. We used to try hard to find a place without people, usually without complete success.

Two other locations that haven't been mentioned in the southern part of the state include Laguna Beach and the rocky beach/tide pools that have so much marine life at low tide, and Venice Beach, with the variety of people that are fun to watch and photograph.

Not yet mentioned up north are the redwoods and Yosimite National Park, and (a long, long way from LA) the volcanoes.

Gregg