Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US
From: carson5x@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:12:53 -0500
Paul Reynolds American Vacation.

I've deleted the original message but wasn't it two weeks starting in LA?

May I propose an itinerary:
Los Angelas => Las Vegas should take about a day, have reservations in Las
Vegas.
Las Vegas => Springdale Ut, visit Zion Park
Springdale => Bryce Canyon, high (~9000 feet[3km]) dress warm.
Bryce Canyon => Loa Ut, visit Capitol Reef
Capitol Reef => Moab UT, visit Arches, Canyonlands, Dead Horse Point
Moab => Flagstaff (make take 2 days) AZ see Monument Valley on the way and
Canyon deChelley at Chinle
Visit south rim of Grand Canyon
>From Flagstaff you can continue back to Las Vegas and onto LA, or head south
>through Sedonna to Phoenix and west to LA.

Snow shouldn't be a problem on this route, even if it does snow the roads are
well maintained. Hope for snow before you arrive at each scenic location; red
rock, white snow and blue skies; how american. This time of year the crowds are
gone or greatly diminished.

Bring OM's, Kodachrome, polarizers and a good selection of lens.

Just for your consideration

Bill B.

Bill B.