Re: [OM] Anybody know (or ever deal with) this person???

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody know (or ever deal with) this person???
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:24:50 -0700
On 28 Jan 2001, at 1:42, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > Sometime ago, Tom sent me *two* lenses (35-
> > 70/3.6 and 35-70/4) to take a look at, so I could pick the one I wanted.
> > Had it not been for Cori's personal "escort" to the Post Office to
> > return the "unwanted" lens, I'd have kept both!
>
> So tell us, Chris, which one did you like best and keep, and why?

I kept the 3.6 and sent the 4 back.  Both were WAY nice (which is why
I wanted to keep 'em both!), and the prices for both were RIGHT (no, I
*won't* tell!), but the 3.6 was a teenie-weeny bit better for output quality.
 Nothing major or worth "diss'ing" the 4, but the 3.6 was just a little bit
"crisper," particularly opened right up.

While we're on the subject of the 35-70/3.6 zuiko...  Yeah, I'll admit it's
a bit bigger and heavier than the 4 (and the 3.5-4.5 I hear, although I've
never seen one), it's not THAT much of a difference, IMHO.  In fact, the
35-70/3.6 is now my "standard" lens on the OM-2 and get's LOTS of
use.

Again, THANKS, Tom, for "doing that deal."  I'm STILL wishing, though,
that you wudda parted with the 3.5-4.5 so's I cudda given it a proper
test!  :-)))

Regards,

Chris

---