Re: [OM] macro with oncamera flash

Subject: Re: [OM] macro with oncamera flash
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 23:15:13 -0500
Acer,

I think it may have been Doris that suggested a reflector made from white card stock. I have been successfully using this on a 90 mm macro for some time now. I really like the way it spreads the light over a larger area than the actual bulb of the T32 making the flash more even and less contrasty. The reflector also positions the light about 1.5 times as high as the T32 sits by itself. The card that I carry has become less than flat or straight now, but it still works well and is easy to carry and put on the flash. Check out the archives and then invest the 50 cents or so.

Gregg

Acer wrote:

the reason for the query is that as i walk around on campus i see new
blooms unfurling. it'd wouldn't be comfy if i carried the 3221/3030 around
all day to take advantage of the flowers. besides, with 100spd slide film,
i'd still have to deal with real slow shutter speeds (movement for
flower!). so, with flash, i can hold reasonably still and let it expose
using manual GN calcs & use something in front of flash to diffuse it. i
try it this week and see how it goes. i think the following was with down
flash (on b/w+400, not sure of exposure):

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=380427&a=9125406&p=31228406&Sequence=0&res=high

thx to all, will let you know once i get through a roll.

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01