Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:30:26 EST
In a message dated 1/29/01 1:25:00 AM Pacific Standard Time, HI100@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Yosemite is often very nice in Winter and there are no crowds. But most of
>  highway 120 is closed by snow from November through late Spring so you
can't

>  cross the Sierras to get to Nevada via Yosemite park, unless you are a
good
>  backcountry skier!

I was in Yosemite last Friday. Snow covered the boulders and cliff faces in
artistic patterns. Giant ice dams from the falls would break off and fall
with resounding echoes. Half Dome peeked in and out of the clouds. Although I
had been there before in the summer, I have now changed my vote from Zion NP
to Yosemite as the most beautiful place on earth (mind you I haven't been to
too many places yet.)

Warren