RE: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US

Subject: RE: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 02:32:20 -0700
Photography at -60 is difficult, as are most things. Those temperatures
usually only last a short time though. If you want to play in the light
fluffy powder snow you need cold enough temperatures to avoid melting and
the subsequent icy conditions. This is not the place to live if you dislike
winter as it comes early and lasts a long time. We actually have snow all
year as it never all melts on the shady sides of some mountains. Having four
distinct seasons creates a great variety of photographic opportunities. /jnm