Re: [OM] Rewind crank

Subject: Re: [OM] Rewind crank
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:51:47 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, mike blayney wrote:

> The flip over rewind crank of the rewind knob on my OM2SP appears to be
> faulty.
> The axle pin(s?) on one side is no longer engaged in the hole in the knob.
> Whilst I can still use it, it obviously doesn't feel very robust. Is the axle
> pin like a spring loaded watch strap pin? I've tried prying it back in with a
> fine blade but to no avail. Any ideas or info would be welcome.

It's just a solid pin and has probably just slipped out.  You can remove the
rewind knob by holding the shaft and turning the handle counter clockwise.
An old film spool can be used as a tool to hold the shaft.  Do not use a
screwdriver (or any other tool) in the shaft's prongs, you will damage them.
Once the rewind knob is off, it'll be obvious how things fit together.
                                                -mark