Re: [OM] Fungus in the lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Fungus in the lens
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:23:45 -0800 (PST)
Robert Burn wrote:
Ray:
You might find this interesting.
 <A
HREF="http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/life-in-camera.html";>Click
here: Life in Your Camera</A>
Or try:
http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/life-in-camera.html
Robert, thanks for the URLs. The article confirms what I thought,
namely, that advanced fungus damage to a lens is practically
irreversible and that leather pouches/cases are not good places to
store cameras or lenses. The symptoms are exactly as described in the
article. I would strongly recommend that all Listees read it for
themselves, if they are not already aware of the fungus threat.

I will try to get the damage fixed locally, since I have little to
lose. The price will probably be very modest, given Indonesian labour
costs. Sending the camera ocverseas is not really an option, since it
would most likely be uneconomical and too risky. This is the P&S I
complained about in a recent post, so it's not the end of the world for
me; nevertheless, I would rather have the option of selling it, if
possible, than having to junk it!

Regards,

=====
Ray