Re: [OM] Duo Sync Cords

Subject: Re: [OM] Duo Sync Cords
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:02:35 -0600
"JUANITA M. ALMEDA" wrote:

> Dear STeve
>
> The duo sync cord I got had a broken tab. So if the problem is due to
> failure of the tab to center the three contacts it should not be the case
> for me. I tried moving about the foot in the shoe but still the flash ready
> light would not come on. I just hope when I get the replacement it finally
> works.  I notice that the lack of the tab make the foot easily fall out of
> the shoe. Because of that, my T32 fell to the floor and fortunately survived
> the ordeal.
>
> Are we talking of the same item, an Altrex due sync cord?

Yes, and no. Mine has "New Ideas" embossed on the plastic part, not Altrex.
But I think they are probably made by the same manufacturer, or by someone who
bought the rights from the original.  Does your Duo sync cord consist of two
pieces of extruded aluminum with plastic inserts, connected by a curly cord
that looks like it was stolen from a telephone?  If so, they are basically the
same.

One other modification I did to mine was to push up the secondary contacts on
the flash shoe, to give them a better chance of reaching my Sunpak flash.

Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa