[OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle media

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Space shuttle media
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:20:29 -0800 (PST)
George S wrote:
Barry,
You've certainly clarified what I was trying to say. As I've been a
police officer for 26 years, you can appreciate that I certainly
wouldn't have a great deal of sympathy for the "sensationalist" media.
I've dealt with far too many accident and crime victims over the years
and batted heads myself with the press on many occasions. (snip)
The behaviour of unsrupulous journalists gets a bad name for the rest.
I don't see why codes of conduct and professional ethics can't be
brought into the picture where journalism is concerned, such as exist
for other important professions like law, law enforcement, education,
accountancy and medicine. The press like to project themselves as
guardians of society but who's going to guard society against the
press?

Regards,

=====
Ray