Re: [OM] Photo of the Day

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo of the Day
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:08:00 -0500

>Thanks Chris! And thanks to all who commented on my pic - now let's see some
>more!!  I enjoy the hardware discussions, but I would also like to see what
>everyone is doing with all that great Olympus gear!!
>
>Jim Caldwell

Last Saturday I spent about 4 hours walking around Arlington Cemetary here in
Wash. DC. I wanted to try out my newly CLA'd OM-2n, which performed
flawlessly, BTW. I was also trying out the new "+" film from Kodak, the
chromogenic 400 speed B+W film. I assume this film responds to filtration the
same way as normal B+W film? Anyway, I took a small kit of 50/1.4, 24/2.8 and
100/2.8. I used the 24mm mostly. The Cemetary is an interesting place, with
many, many tombstones of all kinds of different shapes and sizes. Some just
look like boulders. I also went on over to the Marines War Memorial, formally
known as the Iwa Jima Memorial. I don't know if any of you are aware of this,
but those statues are huge! The men seem to be about 20 feet tall.
Incredible. It's all black, too, even the tarmac around the black granite
base. I assume the color is for mourning the dead? I ordered the negatives be
put on Kodak's PhotoCD in addition to getting prints, so I'm hoping that I'll
have enough to make up a small web page for everyone's viewing pleasure.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright